6.2.10

Mina Perhonen, Textile museum Tilburg

A week ago I went to Tilburg together with Sophie and Mara to see the exhibition from minä perhonen in the textile museum. It was such a wonderful exhibition. Pity we weren't allowed to take pictures, I could have taken hundreds...
I had seen many of the patterns online, but to see them in real was fantastic. Textiles as well as clothing were shown. And there was a presentation of sketches. In those examples a pattern was first drawn by hand or made with pieces of torn paper. The final piece of textile had the same subtile details. It gave me lots of new ideas, next week I will be making new sketches for my porcelain brooches. I'll post some if they are ready.

pictures from a garland made by Wieki Somers for the Textile Museum, the chairs were designed and made by Bertjan Pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment